Bitcoin Press Release: October 10th, 2019 will see the Bratislava Castle host the 2019 BLOCKWALKS European Conference. This year the conference looks at the many ways in which blockchain technology will improve Government Administrations, and the lives of its citizens.
15th June 2019, BRATISLAVA – Right in the heart of Europe, the Bratislava Castle in Slovakia will host the second annual BLOCKWALKS European Conference. Top-level government officials and prominent industry leaders in smart technology, blockchain, and Internet of Things join to discuss the current and future applications of blockchain and smart technology in the public sector.
Tibor Vincze, the Project Coordinator of BLOCKWALKS 2019, had these words to say about the focus of this year’s conference:
“The conference is a response to the growing impact blockchain technology has on countries all over the world. As governments are starting to test out different blockchain solutions to improve their administrations and public services, it becomes extremely important to get the integration of blockchain right, especially when it comes to delicate information such as private data of citizens,”
Mr. Vincze continues:
“Industry leaders and government officials need to discuss and work closely to figure out the best ways blockchain and smart technologies should be infused with existing public services without compromising their integrity or causing inconveniences,”
As technology advances, it is essential that countries and governments keep up with the developments and consistently improve their operations to ensure the security of their services and the safety of their citizens.
Max Kaye, the Co-founder, and CTO of Flux, a decentralized gateway for voting in Australia, and a speaker at BLOCKWALKS 2018 says:
“If society never changes, it will be destroyed. This is an undeniable fact, whether it’s destroyed by ourselves or destroyed by something from elsewhere in the universe, we must react to problems,”
Last year, at BLOCKWALKS 2018, over 300 participants, from whom 30 were government representatives from 10 European countries, attended the conference to learn from and discuss with 18 blockchain experts about the role blockchain plays in the future of the public sector. This year, BLOCKWALKS 2019 is honored to host the following keynote speakers:
- Nick Szabo who is a computer scientist, legal scholar, and cryptographer known for his research in digital contracts and digital currency. The phrase and concept of “smart contracts” were developed by Szabo to bring what he calls the “highly evolved” practices of contract law and practice to the design of electronic commerce protocols between strangers on the Internet.
- Manmeet Singh who has navigated the startup world throughout his career, and over the past 5 years specifically focused on blockchain technology. This led him to gather deep knowledge and run his blockchain investment firm for the last 4 years, investing over USD 100 million aggregate in over 20 startups.
- Andrew Keen, the Executive Director of the Silicon Valley innovation salon FutureCast. Mr. Keen is also one of the world’s best known controversial commentators on the digital revolution, the host of the “Keen On” show on TechCrunch, was named one of the “100 Most Connected Men” in 2015 by GQ magazine, and has published four books, including an international hit “The Internet Is Not the Answer”.
- Jerome Grilleres who has 15 years of experience in the Finance industry, having worked in the field of electronic trading at Goldman Sachs London and then moving to Structured Debt Finance / M&A / Retail Business and Commercial Development at Barclays Bank.
- Stefan Junestrand, the CEO of one of Spain’s leading Media Company, Grupo Tecma Red, specialized in providing information and knowledge about sustainability, energy and new technologies for buildings and cities. Dr. Junestrand holds a Ph.D. in Architecture and is considered a leading international expert in areas related to smart cities, intelligent buildings, sustainability, and blockchain. He has written a dozen books and scientific papers on these topics, has published hundreds of articles and is a frequent speaker at conferences in Europe, the US, and Asia.
- Alexis Nicolau, the CEO of Block.co. Mr. Nicolau is a professional with over 25 years of experience in C-suite positions in Accountancy, Finance, Electronic Banking, Media and Electronic Content Production. He also serves on the board of directors of Grant Thornton Cyprus’ Distributed Ledger Technologies business unit and is a member of UNIC’s MSc in Digital Currencies program.
The conference will take place on the 10th of October, consisting of different keynote speeches presented by prominent industry leaders in blockchain and smart technologies, and panel discussions between experts about the current and future state of blockchain innovations and their relationship with the public sector.
Do not miss the dialogue about the future of technology at the Bratislava Castle on the 10th of October. Mark on your calendar and get your tickets at https://blockwalks.com/2019/
Learn more about BLOCKWALKS and get your tickets here – https://blockwalks.com/2019/
Follow BLOCKWALKS on Twitter – https://twitter.com/blockwalks
Find BLOCKWALKS on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/blockwalks/
Contact Email: email@example.com
BLOCKWALKS 2019 is the source of this content. Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. This press release is for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.
Source: BITCOIN PR